Adequately installed solar systems require a little maintenance. These are some maintenance tips to help keep your solar system in top shape.
Tips for Solar Panel Maintenance & Cleaning
A solar energy system needs a little maintenance once it is installed correctly. A high-quality solar system will last for over 15 years. Solar panels can last up to 15 years. You can be sure of steady, maximum output for a long time with the right care.
These solar panel maintenance tips should be followed:
The solar panels are easy to clean, but it is labor-intensive. You will get the most insolation. To maximize solar panel energy output, it is essential to keep the panels clean. The glass panels can be cleaned easily. You can do it as many times as necessary depending on how much dirt has accumulated. You can clean the panels with a soft cloth, a washrag, and biodegradable soap. If you’re only dealing with dust, You can place a hosepipe with water on top of the panels. This ensures that solar cells remain in good condition.
You can avoid shading by doing a thorough site analysis before you start installing the panels. After the panels are mounted, it is vital to ensure that no shade grows, such as from new trees. This will reduce the energy generated by the system. It is unnecessary to remove trees, but you can trim them to make sure the panels aren’t shaded.
Ground installation cleaning and maintenance of solar panels
Keep an eye on the solar system.
To detect a problem in the system, you must first Monitor its performance, Daily, monthly, quarterly, and annual checks.
Daily solar panel maintenance
You should monitor the inverter display regularly to make sure it is functioning correctly. If the green light does not turn on, you should consult the manual. To monitor system performance over time, you should keep a daily log of its output. Modern inverters and their monitoring software will automatically do this for you.
Maintenance of solar panels is done monthly and quarterly.
This includes checking the cleanliness of panels and removing any debris or dust from the area. The annual maintenance checks should be more thorough and have a complete inspection of the whole system to ensure it operates properly.
Annual solar panel maintenance
The following are some of the maintenance services that solar systems require each year:
- Perform a system performance review by looking at the daily performance data to identify any significant changes in output.
- To ensure the panels are free from corrosion, cracks, scratches, moisture penetration, and browning, check them.
- To ensure that the cabling is safe and within the tolerances, it should be checked.
- You should inspect the mounting hardware and ensure that it is in good order.
- Inspection of junction boxes to make sure there is no water accumulation. Also, ensure that clamping devices and connections are intact.
- Verification that isolation devices work correctly and check for damage to breakers
- Water damage inspection of fuse boxes and resistance joints
- Inspect the inverters for damage and check connections for resistive joints. Verify the DC voltage entering the inverter.